Goals: Weight loss, develop healthier habits for her family
If you are reading this, do this one thing for yourself. Call Britney, ask for Zoe, and trust the process.
What prompted you to make a change?
How has your life and health changed since working with OnPoint Nutrition?
Speaking of priceless, I really feel that meeting Kara was written in the stars for me. I look back at how unhealthy and unhappy I was with myself often and it brings me to tears every time. I've been very blessed in my life and don't have much to complain about but my “thing” was my weight. It was this relentless thorn in my side that affected every aspect of my life and it was the one obstacle that I could not overcome, no matter how hard or how often I tried. Meeting Kara has changed my life and not only because she introduced me to OnPoint but because she's a true and supportive friend. She has been by my side throughout the entire process ready and eager to answer any and all questions that I had. She would get excited for me every time I shared my weigh-in results and would quickly and proudly tell anyone who would ask me what I've been doing that I'm working with OnPoint and would say “How good does she look?!” I've thanked her numerous times but I really don't think she'll ever fully understand the magnitude of love and gratitude I have for her. I'm just hoping that someday, somehow I'll be able to help her as much as she's helped me.
What have you learned since working with the nutritionists at OnPoint Nutrition?
I don't think I could list everything I've learned in the space provided but I'll give it a shot!
- I can eat out (which I love to do) and lose weight
- I can enjoy a glass (or 2) of Chianti and lose weight
- I can have some chips and lose weight
- I can have some chocolate and lose weight
- I can have some pasta and lose weight
- The key to all of the above is that I just have to plan for it and keep track to ensure I don't go over my allotment for the day!
- Do not restrict yourself from ANY type of food
- I do not have to feel guilty if I overindulge one day, I just move on and get back on track
- If I overindulge (because we all will, we're human) it does NOT negate all of the progress I've made
- I do not miraculously gain weight overnight after eating out, it's just the excessive SALT intake! Drink plenty of water and the extra bloat will be gone by the following day! ***This was a biggie for me***
- Drink water (something I knew but never did) Now I drink 80+ ounces a day!
- There are healthy alternatives for almost EVERYTHING, find them! And sometimes, just eat the regular high calorie version and move on 😋
- I can still cook tasty meals (which I love to do) without dousing my meals in extra virgin olive oil **Also a biggie for me** I practically used to drink olive oil. Now, I measure it out and/or use the EVOO spray and I don't miss it one bit!
- Balsamic vinegar is my best friend
- Mustard is my best friend
- Oats are my best friend
- Sweet potatoes are my best friend
- Keep snacks on hand AT ALL times
- My go-to snacks...pretzels, almonds, toasted chickpeas, apples & bananas
- NEVER skip a meal that includes snacks!
- Not all carbs are created equal
- Ground chicken is delicious
- Eating pineapple & bananas won't make me gain weight
- EATING FRUIT AT NIGHT WILL NOT MAKE ME GAIN WEIGHT
- I LOVE the Nudge App and I will use it for the rest of my life
I could probably keep going but these are my major takeaways from working with Zoe. I still learn something new every week during our call sessions though and I'm sure I'll be learning from her for the foreseeable future!
What would you tell someone who is thinking about working with OnPoint Nutrition?
Second, I'd tell them that within 2-3 weeks of starting with OnPoint, you won't even need to check the Nutrition guide to see what a certain food counts as, it'll become second nature. The only reason I mention this is because it felt a little overwhelming at first. Fortunately, that feeling quickly subsided as I unintentionally committed the information to memory. That was the only intimidating part of this entire process if you could even call it that!
Third, this program will become a way of life. This is not a fad; it's not something you'll do for a specific amount of time and then stop. OnPoint Nutrition is a lifestyle, at least it is for me! Once you start, there's no going back because you WILL see results and it's just too easy. If you're on the fence about signing up with OnPoint, don't be. The only regret I have with this entire process is that I wish I had signed up when I first met Kara. I wish I never waited. I would've gained another year of feeling amazing, another year of buying clothes that I actually like, another year of feeling energized in the morning, another year of just. Being. Happy.
If you are reading this and have given up all hope of losing the weight, just do this one last thing for yourself. Call Britney, ask for Zoe, and trust the process. You will see the weight just melt off, there are no ifs and or buts about it. It just happens and I know because it happened for me!