OnPoint’s Services and Weight Management Plan
OnPoint provides nutrition information and one-on-one counseling to assist You in your personal nutrition efforts. To help You achieve your goals, OnPoint structures its program into three service levels: The Essentials, The Academy, The Concierge. Each service level is detailed in the enclosed “Our Services”. You may choose to renew your program through the agreement of You and OnPoint. If You renew your program, OnPoint will provide You with written receipt of updated service and payment details.
OnPoint Does Not Provide Medical Advice and is Not a Healthcare Provider
OnPoint is not a medical organization and does not provide medical advice or medical diagnosis. Nothing contained in OnPoint’s program materials or website should be construed as such advice or diagnosis. The information and reports generated by OnPoint should not be interpreted as a substitute for physician consultation, evaluation, care or treatment. You are specifically urged and advised to seek the advice of a physician or medical professional before beginning any weight loss effort or regimen. OnPoint also specifically urges You to get regular medical checkups. Weight loss can create physical changes that should be medically monitored. Medical monitoring is especially important for anyone with a medical condition. OnPoint’s program is healthful, but it is not intended to treat any illness or disease or be a substitute for medical advice or treatment. OnPoint does not assume any special or heightened duty to You like that of a physician or medical provider.
OnPoint’s services and materials are intended for use only by adult individuals who can healthfully engage in a nutrition program. OnPoint’s services and materials are not intended for use by minors, pregnant women, or individuals with any type of health condition that would prevent them from healthfully engaging in a nutrition program. Such individuals are specifically warned to seek professional medical advice prior to initiating any form of weight loss effort or disease management regimen. If You believe, for any reason, that You may not be able to healthfully engage in a weight loss program or disease management regimen, You are explicitly instructed not to engage OnPoint’s services until You receive medical direction and approval.
OnPoint’s Health Notice
If You are being treated for an illness, taking prescription medication, or following a therapeutic diet to treat a disease, it is critically important that You immediately share your OnPoint nutrition plan with your medical provider. Any modifications made to the plan by your medical provider should be followed. The OnPoint program supports a safe rate of weight loss, but if You are losing weight at a greater rate than designed, You must review the plan’s guidelines and adapt them, if necessary, to avoid rapid weight loss. Failing to follow OnPoint’s plan and guidelines may cause health complications associated with rapid weight loss. You are responsible and assume liability for managing your body’s physical and emotional needs and alerting both your healthcare provider and OnPoint if concerns arise.
OnPoint’s Additional Requirements for Certain Individuals
OnPoint requires specific medical clearance before working with individuals with certain medical conditions:
- If You are breastfeeding a child and want to begin a nutrition program, OnPoint requires written medical permission from an obstetrician or comparable medical specialist to begin a nutrition program.
OnPoint Will Not Provide Services to the Following Individuals with Certain Medical Conditions for Obvious Health Reasons
- OnPoint prohibits participation in its nutrition program for anyone with an active medical diagnosis of bulimia nervosa and/or anorexia nervosa.
OnPoint prohibits participation in its nutrition program for anyone who is less than 18 years old.
OnPoint’s Use of Your Personal Information
OnPoint may ask You for relevant personal information, including questions regarding your medical history. This information is used to build your OnPoint plan and to support effective ongoing counseling and support. However, You are under no obligation to disclose such personal information, and may decline to do so.
Authorization to Contact
You authorize OPN personnel to communicate by mail, voicemail messages, e-mail and text message according to the information provided in your patient registration information. OPN, or any agent or servicer of your patient account, may use any information you have provided, including contract information, e-mail addresses, cell phone numbers, and landline numbers, to contact you for purposes related to your account, including debt collection. You authorize OPN to use this information in any manner consistent with the information you have provided, including mail, telephone calls, e-mails, or text messages.
OnPoint’s Payment Plan
All payments are to be completed via credit card. Payment for Your program shall be made in full at the time of purchase unless otherwise agreed to by an OnPoint team member If an alternate payment plan is agreed upon, OnPoint will provide You with an updated payment schedule that includes payment amounts and due dates.
Refunds will be processed on a pro-rated basis, less $300, based upon the date You specifically request such cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Client is responsible for credit card processing fees in the event of a refund.
Program extensions are non-refundable and shall automatically renew for subsequent periods of the same length as the initial Term (10 weeks) unless either party gives the other written notice of termination at least ten (10) days prior to the expiration of the then-current Term. Clients also have access to manage their program options via their personal self-serve online member portal.
Request for Program Holds
Program weeks are to be used in sequential order. However, we do understand that sometimes life situations cause clients to have to step away from working with our team for periods of time. In the event a program hold is requested, the following terms apply. Program holds will be agreed upon by you and your OnPoint dietitian/nutritionist with payment dates adjusted to reflect the requested length of program hold time. OnPoint Nutrition will provide record of the program hold via email noting the date of program reactivation. At the end of the requested hold, your program will transition back into an active state. Program weeks will again run-in sequential order after the program is reactivated and billing will resume as scheduled.
Programs can be held with no change in online access 1-2 calendar weeks for any of the following reasons: death in family, travel without internet access, inpatient medical procedure, outpatient medical procedure with extended recovery time, psychological well-being.
If you are requesting to hold your program 3 calendar weeks or longer, you may either deactivate your account with no access to your dietitian with an agreed upon return date or transition into our Online Membership ($14.95/month) to avoid deactivation of your account.
Missed/Cancelled Appointment Policy
We prioritize the care we provide to our clients and uphold an equal responsibility to each and every one of them.
At our practice, we value your scheduled appointment time and reserve it exclusively for you. Unlike doctors, we deliberately limit the number of clients we see per day and maintain a manageable caseload. This approach ensures that we can offer you the undivided focus and attention you deserve.
To reschedule, cancel, or notify your dietitian about any delays, please reach out to them through the convenient OnPoint app or via email.
If you find yourself running late for your appointment, we kindly request that you promptly contact your dietitian to inform them of the delay. Please note that even if you arrive late, we will still conclude the session at the scheduled time. This allows us to adequately prepare for subsequent appointments and maintain punctuality for all of our clients.
We consider rescheduling and cancelling sessions two different things:
Rescheduling: You are available to speak that week and your dietitian/nutritionist has another appointment available for you to make that week.
Cancelling: Your dietitian/nutritionist does not have any appointment available within the same calendar week OR you are looking to schedule for the next regular cadence of your appointments. Appointments which are cancelled are non-refundable.
Missed Appointment Policy for Self-Pay Clients
Clients are responsible for the cost of any missed/cancelled appointment not rescheduled within the same calendar week.
If your dietitian/nutritionist does not have any appointments available within the same calendar week OR you are looking to schedule for the next regular cadence of your appointments, the appointment in question will be lost. There will be no refund issued for this session and program weeks will not be extended.
Missed Appointment Policy for Insurance Pay Clients.
Clients are responsible for the cost of any missed/cancelled appointment not rescheduled within the same calendar week.
Insurance will not cover charges for cancelled or missed appointments. If your dietitian/nutritionist does not have any appointments available within the same calendar week OR you are looking to schedule for the next regular cadence of your appointments, the appointment in question will be lost. Program weeks will not be adjusted.
To ensure our team is appropriately compensated for their time, a $35.00 charge will be applied to the card we have on file.
*Please note while advanced notice of cancelled appointments are appreciated you may still be subjected to the missed appointment fee if you are unable to schedule within the same calendar week with your nutritionist.*
In addition to sessions with our team and direct messaging through our app, we charge $130.00/hour for other professional services you may need, breaking down the hourly cost if working for periods of less than one hour. Other services include report writing, attendance at meetings with other professionals you have authorized, preparation of records or treatment summaries, and the time spent performing any other service you may request of us.
Payment via Medical Insurance
We cannot guarantee payment or verify that definite eligibility of benefits conveyed to us or to you by your carrier will be accurate or complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at the time of service. Our office will make every effort to bill your insurance company in a timely manner. We strongly recommend, request, and encourage you to be familiar with, and verify your benefits with your insurance company prior to working with our team. Please be aware, that even then, it is still not a guarantee of benefits or payment.
If your carrier determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under the plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and the total cost of your program will become your responsibility. Clients are financially responsibility to pay the program balance in full if/when benefit limits have been reached.
Patient Financial Responsibility Statement
The services you seek imply a financial responsibility on your part. This responsibility obligates you to ensure payment in full for the services you receive. To assist in understanding that financial responsibility, we ask that you read the information below. Feel free to ask if you have any questions regarding your financial responsibility. If someone else (parent, spouse, domestic partner, etc.) is financially responsible for your expenses or carries your insurance, please share this policy with them, as it explains our practices regarding insurance billing, copayments, and patient billing. By receiving medical services from On-Point Nutrition (OPN), you agree:
1. You acknowledge and agree to the TERMS & CONDITIONS. These policies may change from time to time by OPN, without notice. If there is any conflict between the TERMS & CONDITIONS and this PATIENT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT, the TERMS & CONDITIONS shall control.
2. You are ultimately responsible for all payment obligations arising out of your care and guarantee payment for these services. You are responsible for deductibles, co-payments, co-insurance amounts or any other patient responsibility indicated by your insurance carrier or our TERMS OF SERVICE, which are not otherwise covered by supplemental insurance.
3. You are responsible for knowing your Insurance policy. For example, you will be responsible for any charges if any of the following apply: (i) your health plan requires prior authorization or referral by a Primary Care Physician (PCP) before receiving services from OPN, and you have not obtained such an authorization or referral; (ii) you receive services in excess of such authorization or referral; (iii) your health plan determines that the services you received at OPN are not medically necessary and/or not covered by your insurance plan; (iv) your health plan coverage has lapsed or expired at the time you receive services at OPN; or (v) you have chosen not to use your health plan coverage. If you are not familiar with your plan coverage, we recommend you contact your carrier or plan provider directly.
4. You will be required to follow all registration procedures, which may include updating or verifying personal information, presenting verification of current insurance and paying any co-pays or other patient responsibility amount. Your card or other insurance verification must be on file for your insurance to be billed. If we do not have your card on file, or are unable to verify your eligibility for benefits, you will be treated as a self-pay patient. As a self-pay patient, our fee is expected to be paid in full upfront. If the insurance card or other necessary information is provided after your session, we may file a claim with your insurance; and, if paid in full by your insurance, you will be reimbursed.
5. We may verify your insurance benefits or submit your claim to your insurance carrier as a courtesy to you. You agree to facilitate payment of claims by contacting your insurance carrier when necessary. Without waiving any obligation to pay, you assign to OPN, for application onto your bill for services, all of your rights and claims for the medical benefits to which you, or your dependents are entitled, under any federal or state healthcare plan (including, but not limited to, Medicare or Medicaid), Insurance policy, any managed care arrangement or other similar third-party payor arrangement that covers health care costs and for which payment may be available to cover the cost of the services provided to you. You authorize OPN and associated staff to release patient information acquired in the course of your examination and/or treatment including but not limited to any and all medical records, notes, or other documents related to your treatment (including itemization of any charges and payments on my account) that is deemed necessary to process this claim to the necessary insurance companies, third party payors, and/or other physicians or health care entities as they require to participate in your care. It is important to notify us as soon as possible of any changes related to your insurance coverage. Failing to do so may result in unpaid claims, and you will be responsible for the balance of the claim. OPN does not accept responsibility for incorrect information given by you or your insurance carrier regarding your insurance benefits or benefit plans.
6. If your insurance carrier does not remit timely payment on your claim, you will be responsible for payment of the charges within the terms set forth herein. Once your insurance carrier processes your claim, we will bill you for any remaining patient responsibility deemed by your insurance carrier. If any payment is made directly to you for services billed by us, you agree to promptly submit same to OPN until your patient account is paid in full. If you make a payment that results in a surplus on your account, you authorize OPN to apply the overpayment to any other account for which you are financially responsible and any remaining balance will be returned to the payor.
7. Whether or not you have insurance or are self-pay, payment of any account balance is due within thirty (30) days of receipt of your billing statement. If any balance on your account is over ninety (90) days past due, your account will be in default and may be referred to a collection agency. For small balances, less than $15.00, we may stop sending billing statements any time after the initial statement, but you understand that the amount shall remain due and owing until paid in full. We realize that temporary financial problems may affect timely payment of your account. If such problems do arise, we encourage you to contact us promptly for assistance in the management of your account. If you have any questions about your account, insurance coverage or our financial policy, please do not hesitate to ask us. We are here to help you.
Missed Appointments and Program Cancellations for Insurance Pay Clients
Clients are responsible for the cost of any missed/cancelled appointment. Insurance will not cover charges for cancelled or missed appointments. To ensure our team is appropriately compensated for their time, a $35.00 charge will be applied to the card we have on file for all cancelled or missed appointments not rescheduled within the same calendar week.
Program cancellations are based upon the date you specifically request such cancellation by email to email@example.com. A minimum payment of $300.00 is required to cancel your program without financial obligation. If your insurance company has not reimbursed OnPoint Nutrition $300.00 for sessions as of the date of your cancellation, the client is responsible for payment of the difference.
Non-payment on Account
Should collection proceedings or other legal action become necessary to collect an overdue or delinquent account, you understand that OPN has the right to disclose to an outside collection agency or attorney all relevant personal and account information necessary to collect payment for services rendered. You are responsible for all costs of collection including, but not limited to: (i) late fees and charges and interest due as a result of such delinquency; (ii) all court costs and fees (but only to the extent allowed by law); and (iii) a collection fee to be charged under separate agreement with a third-party collections agency, either as a flat fee or computed as a percentage of the total balance due up to the maximum allowed by applicable law, and to be added to the outstanding the outstanding balance due and owing at the time of the referral to the third party collection agency. You acknowledge that any such interest assessed on the account will be a late fee as a result of default or delinquency on your account, and is not deemed interest as part of a credit transaction. Failure to comply with any of these policies my also result in a Credit Withdrawal of Care. If your account is referred to a collection agency, attorney, court, or the past due status is reported to a credit reporting agency, it may have an adverse effect on your credit history; and related portions of your account, including the fact that you received treatment at our offices, may become a matter of public record.
OnPoint’s Dispute Resolution Process
OnPoint and You agree that in any action or proceeding arising from, under or pursuant to this agreement, you collectively shall, and do hereby absolutely waive and unconditionally waive, trial by jury. Venue for any action or proceeding arising under this agreement shall be exclusively in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania.