Have you heard the news?! The whole family can now enjoy a delicious meal with our friends at honeygrow! (Website | Instagram) Their new kid’s menu features perfectly customizable stir-fries for children twelve and under. If you’re familiar with honeygrow, ordering for your kiddos is super easy! If you’re not, it’s a build-your-own style where you pick a combination of items from the categories below:
- Start with a base: egg white noodles or steamed brown rice
- Choose a sauce: sesame garlic or olive oil & parmesan
- Pick a garnish: sesame seeds or parsley
- Sneak in veggies: broccoli, carrots, peppers, green beans and/or snow peas
- Add in protein: all-natural chicken
What We Recommend: OnPoint Kids Pick
Build a bowl that starts with whole-grains, a light sauce, vegetables and lean protein:
- For example: steamed brown rice + olive oil & parmesan + parsley + broccoli & green beans + all-natural chicken
What about the portion size?
As you would expect, a kid’s bowl will be smaller than the traditional honeygrow salad or stir-fry. Keep in mind general serving sizes:
- For grains, one serving is ½ cup
- One serving of vegetables is 1 cup
- For kids, three ounces of lean protein is a perfect portion... about half a chicken breast, for you visual learners out there
For you honeygrow lovers, this is just the beginning. Their new kid’s menu is available at three locations: Rockville, MD, King of Prussia, PA and Cherry Hill, NJ, with more to come!
Want the full scoop on honeygrow? Check out our full write up here!
Curious about other Philly favorites? Read about Snap Kitchen, Sip-N-Glo, Hummus Republic, and more...